|رقم الهاتف||+0603 9202 3865|
RAZIN ARCHITECTS SDN BHD, JOHOR BAHRU
Born in Johor Bahru in 1965, Razin earned his Bachelor of Architecture from Louisina State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA. After graduation in 1988, Razin was attached as an Intern Architect with Clovis Heimsath Architects in Austin Texas, USA.
Upon returning to Malaysia in 1989, Razin started his career an an architect with Hajeedar and Associates, Kuala Lumpur and later in 1992 moved to A Karim Akitek Johor Bahru. In 1995, Razin was appointed as Project Architect for AF Consultant Architect, the lead consultant for a mega development in Kuala Lumpur. Razin started his own practice in 1996 under the name of Razin
Architect in Kuala Lumpur and relocated his practice back to his hometown Johor Bahru early 1997. In 2014 Razin Architect growth to become one of renowned in Johor as Razin Architects Sdn Bhd.
Since then, his practice has won numerous design awards and his works were widely published in local media as well as online international design news. Today, Razin is actively involved in Iskandar development where he is commissioned to design high profile projects such as Condominium in Puteri Harbour and Twin Office Tower in Medini. Nonetheless, Razin has always been well‐known for his high-end bungalows and small‐scale projects. Simple and straight forward, yet well‐thought of, is perhaps the best way to describe his works.
Razin has been active in academic where he was invited as external panel at local Universities i.e: UTM,Uitm to name a few since year 2000. In 2007, he was appointed as Guest Associate Professor UTM for 2 years.
Until today, Razin had given many design talks at UTM, UiTM as well as at other local design institutions. He was invited to be a Guest Speaker at UN Habitat Week, Shanghai World Expo 2010, where he spoke about Johor Bahru as fast 5 world emerging cities. The talk was based on a photo survey project, done in 2009 in collaboration with Alessandro Scotti, former UN Goodwill
Ambassador. Razin was also a speaker at Datum 2013 and Sarawak Design Forum 2014. Razin had also received 3 international awards namely 100 architects of the year in 2013 by Korean Institute of Architects, ARCASIA gold medal for Sustainable Architecture and Golden Emerging Architect Malaysia from Indias Architecture + Design & CERA Awards.
Razin also has been a Jury for several Nationals design award competition i.e: PAM Award 2015, MGBC‐PAM Architectural Design Competition and a few others.
Comments/Quotes by others
1. Architecture Malaysia Vol. 26 Issue 4. Emmelyn Pei, Taylor's University, :
- "His philosophy and notions of a house are evident in his use of a common and simple building typology - believing that a building should be truthful to function, time and place; stressing upon the emphasis on being responsible to the client while ensuring the functional, aesthetic and budget requirements are translated satisfactorily."
- "Harun House is a project where Razin expatiates a design language of vernacularism of line, shade and mesh through movement and circulations physically."
- "Razin addressed the exploration of materiality and landscape through inside and outside relationships as a composed manner to further initiate security; while embracing the hierarchy of privacy" (review on Twin Villa House in East Ledang)
an existing house with a new function rather than relocating or rebuilding a
new one seems to be an inevitable global influence today; nonetheless, Razin
has shown how a professional workplace like his practice adapts into several
abandoned semi-detached houses that are located next to the Denai House, with a
continuity of the vernacular, adaptive reuse of materials and in being
pragmatic to the environment and context." (review on Denai SoHo)
2. http://habitat-my.com/ (Beautiful Denai House by Razin Architect)
Denai House by Razin Architect is definitely a home beyond the ordinary. And
it's interesting to see a bungalow design that is so different from what we
commonly see. "
3. http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/ (City & Country: Recognising innovation in design) Written by E Jacqui Chan. A Mention under special category
Architect's guard house in the residential development of East Ledang in
Nusajaya Johor earned a Mention for its clear expression consistent with the
overall development's contemporary look and feel"
4. By PAM Award Jury 2011 – Gold Award for Surau Nusa Idaman
a powerful space for the community created with simple design and materials.”
اضافة جهة اتصال جديدة