|Contact Type||Architects (individuals)|
|Telephone||+49 (0) 221 888247 0|
- He is a German architect. He is the youngest of four sons of Gottfried Böhm and a grandson of Dominik Böhm. He was born into a family of architects from father to mother to grandfather to brother.
- He wasn’t interested in architecture at first and wanted to persuade any other career.
- After a project he worked on with his friend, which was to build a barn, he realized that he really enjoyed the designing and building of the bran, and that is what changed his mind.
- After graduating from high school in 1980, Böhm worked for two years in the Munich landscape architecture office Gottfried Hansjakob and then studied architecture at the technical colleges in Berlin and Vienna until 1990.
- In 1990 he was a colleague of Bernhard Strecker and Jürgen Eckhardt, and in 1991 with Richard Meier in New York.
- He then worked as an employee in the office Böhm, which was headed at the time next to his father by the partners Stephan and Peter Böhm.
- In 1997 he became a partner.
- In 2001 he became self-employed. Many of his orders go back to success in competitions, and he started working on projects in India and China.
- In 2006 he won the office of the Turkish-Islamic Union with his office (DITIB) tendered competition for the construction of the Central Mosque Cologne.
- He is a professor at the Institute for Design-Constructing-Building college and Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of the Technical University of Cologne.
- Since the end of 2012 he is member of the board of the house of architecture Cologne.
- 1998-2002: Employment Office in Trier.
- 1999-2006: Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam (implementation planning).
- 1999-2001: Parish Church of St. Theodor in Cologne-Vingst.
- 2005-2008: Department Store Peek & Cloppenburg, Wuppertal.
- 2005-2008: Extension department store Peek & Cloppenburg, Berlin.
- 2009-2010: Seminar building of the University of Cologne.
- 2006-2011: Islamic Cultural Center Central Mosque Cologne.
- 1998: Deutsche Post, head office, Bonn, 1st prize.
- 1999: Parish Church of St. Theodor in Cologne-Vingst , 1st prize.
- 2005: Multiversakirche Wünsdorf, 2nd prize.
- 2005: Urban development project, Nanchang, China, 1st prize.
- 2006: Islamic Cultural Center Central Mosque Cologne, 1st prize.
- 2008: Seminar building of the University of Cologne, 1st prize.
- 2012: Community Center St. Konrad Neuss, 1st prize.
Submit New Contact