|Contact Type||Architects (individuals)|
- Architect and Urban Planner.
- B. Arch. ‘72, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi
- M. Arch.
A.S. ‘75 Massachusetts Institute
of Technology (MIT) Cambridge, U.S.A.
- See Beeah Awards for extended list
- Aga Khan Award for Architecture, ‘89, for Al-Kindi Plaza, Riyadh.
- Organization of Arab Towns Award, ‘90, for The Center of the D. Q. Riyadh.
- Marble Architectural Award, Carara - Italy ‘90.
- Architectural Design Award, Mosque Architecture Symposium, Malaz Mosque, Riyadh ‘99.
- Urban Design Award, Mosque Architecture Symposium, D.Q. Jamie, Riyadh ’99.
- Man of the
Year (Architecture) ‘92 Al Majallah – London.
- Gulf Engineers Union Award
- Alfawzan Award for Mosque Architecture
- Partner, Beeah since ‘75.
- Master Jury Member for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture ’89 –’92 and Steering Committee Member 1990-2000.
- Chairman of Al-Umran (Architects and Planners) Society of Saudi Arabia ‘95 – ‘98.
- Member of ICOMOS Executive Committee – Paris ’98 – ‘99.
- Vice Chair of Saudi Heritage Society, Teaches intermittently Architecture and Urban Design at King Saud University.
- SAPICO Tower - Islamabad,
Pakistan 1984 (Built)
- Traditional Village, (Museum
for Folk Culture) Riyadh 1986
- Mahrajanul – Jinaderiya, Camel race, Hotels, Catering, Dinning, and pavilions 1986. (Built)
- Ministry of Education Headquarters and support facilities 1994. (built)
- Madina Al-Munawwarah Municipality and convention center 1994 (built)
- Ministry of Health
- Rajehi University, Bukairiyah
- Pension Fund Complex (built)
His work extended from regional planning to furniture design but mainly city centers, residential developments, parks, complex projects and large civic facilities. Conservation and Restoration related work includes :
- Research on Stabilization
of Vernacular Earth Construction.
- Structural Evaluation of
Vernacular Earth / Timber Structures.
- Documentation of Vernacular
Buildings in the Desert Regions of Saudi Arabia.
- Conservation, Restoration
and Re-habilitation of Vernacular Earth Buildings
- Documentation, Historic
Research and Restoration of old Riyadh City Walls.
- Documentation of Ushayqir
Historic Town in Saudi Arabia.
- Documentation of
Al-Murabba, Historic Complex, Riyadh.
- Development of Taiif
Submit New Contact