Ernest Van Humbeeck
|Contact Type||Architects (individuals)|
Is a Belgian architect who was born in 1839 and died in 1907, .
He had trained in the versatile and very frequented studio of the painter Jean-François Portaels and undoubtedly also in one or the other architectural workshop, which explains his mastery in the various techniques of the art of building and the use of fittings already known to the master builders of the Middle Ages to give lightness and height to the naves.
He is mainly known for being the author of the imposing royal warehouse of Tour et Taxi in Brussels (1904 to 1907).
From him also a few artists' studios where he demonstrates his mastery of the use of metal frames.
He was related to Pierre Van Humbeeck (Brussels,May 17, 1829-July 5, 1890) who was the Prime Minister of Public Instruction.
1879: The Arabist-style pavilion designed to house the Panorama of Cairo by Émile Wauters for the national exhibition of 1880 in the grounds of the Parc du Cinquantenaire in Brussels , restored and reassigned in 1978 as a large mosque by the Tunisian architect Boubaker.
1899: The bourgeois house of the composer Arthur De Greef in an eclectic style with a polychrome facade, tinged with Art Nouveau , in Saint-Gilles , Chaussée de Charleroi 226.
1899: A private house in an eclectic style of Flemish neo-Renaissance inspiration rue Scailquin 24 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode .
1900: house of Mr. Heimann, rue du Monastery, with sgraffito ornaments by Gabriel Van Dievoet .
1904-1907: Tour and Taxis , Royal warehouse .
1905: rue Washington 36 in Ixelles, home and workshop of sculptor and medalist Charles Samuel (1862-1938).
1912: Plans of the Léon Lepage athénée, rue des Riches Claires, 30 in Brussels (Succession: Constant Bosmans and Henri Vandeveld ).
Submit New Contact