|Contact Type||Architects (individuals)|
|Telephone||+90 216 343 98 87|
- He was born in 1932 in Istanbul.
- He graduated from Vefa High School in 1949.
- He was married to Altuğ Çinici who was also a Turkish architect.
- He passed away in October 18, 2011.
- He graduated from ITU Faculty of Architecture in 1954 and started to work as an assistant in the same faculty.
- While he was working at ITU, he participated in many national and international competitions and received various degrees.
- He founded his first workshop with Ayhan Tayman in 1954 in Istanbul.
- In 1960, he began working with Altuğ Çinici (his wife).
- In 1961, after winning the METU (Middle East Technical University) Campus Competition they moved their workshop to Ankara in 1962.
- From 1962 until 1980 he designed mostly METU Campus structures located in an area of 500,000 m². He also designed and implemented the first science high school in Ankara.
- In 1966, he won the first place in the competition of Istanbul Technical University . In the same year, he was invited by the Presidency of India to attend conferences in India and Iran.
- Between 1972 and 1974, he was the consultant of the Ministry of Tourism.
- In 1977, he was elected as a member of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey.
- In the 1970s, he designed and implemented mass housing units in Central Anatolia. The ev Binevler proj project of 3000 houses in Çorum is an example of his work in this period with units specially designed for single and childless families.
- In 1993 , he was appointed as the Chief Advisor to the Urban Planning and Architecture Office of the Prime Ministry. The state gave the title of Embassy . His official duty was planning and restoration works from Edirne, Isparta, Izmir, Sanliurfa to Kazakhstan.
- 1961-1980: METU(Middle East Technical University) Campus Planning, Ankara.
- 1986 -1989: TBMM (Turkish Grand National Assembly) Mosque Complex, Ankara.
- 1970: Diyarbakir University Campus Planning, Diyarbakir.
- 1971: Binevler Housing, Çorum.
- 1971: Capa Holiday Village Project, Mugla.
- 1975: Iran Embassy School, Iran.
- 1978: TBMM Public Relations Building, Ankara.
- 1980: Kızılay General Directorate Building Competition Project, Ankara.
- 1982: Yacht Harbour and Marina Hotel Project, Trablusgarp.
- 1983: Naciye Sultan Complex, Istanbul.
- 1984: TBMM Housing Complex, Ankara.
- 1986: Soyak Complex, Istanbul.
- 1987: International Taksim Square Arrangement Competition, Istanbul.
- 1988: Selimiye Environment Arrangement, Istanbul.
- 1993: Platin Complex, Istanbul.
- 1993: Alka Complex, Istanbul.
- 1956: First prize at Erzurum Atatürk University Campus Planning Competition (with Enver Tokay, Hayati Tabanlıoğlu, Ayhan Tayman).
- 1957-59: First prize for the Ankara Petrol Ofisi Management Building (1957; with Ayhan Tayman), Ankara Devlet Su İşleri General Directorate Building (1958; with Enver Tokay and Teoman Doruk) and İstanbul Eminönü Bazaar Center and Office Complex (1959). All of these were completed apart from the DSI General Directorate Building.
- 1962: METU (Middle East Technical University) Campus Competition.
- 1984: Sedat Simavi Architecture and Urban Design Award.
- 1986: TC İş Bank's City and Architecture Award.
- 1991: Turkey Precast Concrete Association Award.
- 1995: Ağa Han Architecture Award (with his son Can Çinici ).
- 2004: IX. National Architecture Exhibition Grand Prize (Sinan Award).
Submit New Contact